Monday, March 2, 2009

Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss!



If you have visited Google today, you saw the image above. Today is Dr. Seuss' 105th birthday. I love Dr. Seuss! He did while I was in college and I totally remember that day. I have to say that I analyzed the political content of Green Eggs and Ham for the Politics and Literature class I took as an undergrad. It's an anti-prejudice message as I am sure you figured out.

For today's celebration, my son's class brought a pillow, blanket and book to school so that they could read a little on Dr. Seuss' birthday. My son took Green Eggs and Ham.

My favorite Seuss stories:
Green Eggs and Ham
How the Grinch Stole Christmas!
My Many Colored Days
There's a Wocket in My Pocket!

The Zax and The Sneetches from The Sneetches and Other Stories
Horton Hears a Who!
Horton Hatches the Egg
Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You?
The Foot Book
Oh, the Places You'll Go!
The Cat in the Hat


For the record, I like the new movie Horton Hears a Who. I think it's a good adaptation. I, however, do not approve of the remake of the Grinch or the Cat in the Hat. I'm a purist for those. Only the original cartoons will do.

What are you doing to celebrate Dr. Seuss' birthday?

1 comment:

Heather said...

We made green eggs and ham for breakfast. Have to say -- looked terrible in the pan, but did indeed taste just like regular old scrambled eggs! I took a pic you can see on my blog. We also went to the library this afternoon for a new bag of books -- seemed appropriate!
http://creatingdaybyday.blogspot.com/