Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Popsicles make it all better

I'm loving the weather now that it's a little cooler in the morning and evening. I really love fall and its starting to feel more like it. I'm loving all the Halloween costumes and sweaters in the stores now. I feel like fall is more of a beginning to the year rather than an end. Spring feels like and end to me -- the end of winter. I do know, however, that fall means that summer is over. And once it's not horribly hot, I do really enjoy summertime activities.

Like the ice cream man in your neighborhood. Although Jack had a yellow today, I bought him a popsicle from the ice cream man. His behavior was so good after school and through dinner. He did a great job doing a PowerPoint to study his challenge list spelling words. And I know I'm not winning any mother-of-the-year awards for allowing him to have candy corn after dinner and then letting him have a popsicle, but sometimes you just have to enjoy the moment. So that's what we did. The three of us had popsicles on the front porch.



Now, there's only the cute ones in the picture. I had my mini bomb pop while I was taking their pictures. They ate just enough of the popsicles to allow me to snap a few pictures. We put the rest of his in the freezer and threw hers away. Thank goodness all the red stuff washed off her face and hands in the bath! Just wiping her with a wet towel afterwards didn't quite cut it.

So, we enjoyed a little bit more of summer today before it's gone. Popsicles, bubbles, chalk, soccer in the backyard, and a walk. I'm loving that it's not so hot, and I'm looking forward to pumpkins, Halloween, football, sweaters...

1 comment:

Amy Bell said...

thank you for your sweet comments..it is so nice to know you. i love the popsicle pictures!!! we just enjoyed some this morning!
:)amy