Monday, August 18, 2008

We made it through the first week of school

I'd like to say that we had an entirely "green" week (and those of you with kids in school or day care know what I mean by green), but we didn't. On Wednesday, one of Jack's classmates hit J. with his lunch box while they were waiting in line for lunch. So, my son hit him with his lunch box. That means yellow. And then on Thursday, J. was tipping his chair back. He received a warning from the teacher. Later he did it again and his chair fell over. Luckily, he wasn't hurt, but it earned him a yellow. After being "unplugged" both afternoons, he managed a green on Friday. And the good news was today was green too!

Little man brought home a book he made about himself today. Great drawings in it!
My favorite color is blue.
My eyes are blue.
My hair is brown.
He drew a picture of our family and our house.
My favorite food is pizza (spelled pesu).
My favorite ice cream is chocolate (spelled chocle).
I like to play out side (with the "d" in side backwards, so it's outsibe).



I love that I was able to cut my work schedule back so that I can spend more time with the kids in the morning and afternoon. I can get my son on the bus and then head to work. While I was making the kids breakfast this morning, I snapped this picture of them reading together. So cute! It's nice to have a little extra time so that we aren't rushing and the kids can share special moments like this.



We had another soccer practice tonight. K. had fun sitting in her little chair and playing with her mini soccer ball.

It's going to be a busy week. We have meet the teacher night this week, J. has a playdate with his best friend, and the kids and I are going to my friends house for dinner on Friday. Plus, we need to get some pool time in before it closes for the summer. I'd like to get some scrapping done, but the scrapping closet is a mess! I have to clean first.

Hope you have a good week!

No comments: