Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A foot of snow and yucky bananas


This is the view from my back door. You can't really tell how deep it is, but it snowed about a foot in the last 24 hours. No school. Thank goodness it's sunny, though. Makes the snow not seem so bad. It's kind of pretty, but it's totally a hassle when it comes to getting around. They've done a nice job plowing the streets and my driveway is pretty clear. My husband kept up with it last night and this morning and I shoveled once after that. I've been trying to work from home, but now my work computer is not cooperating.

This picture shows the view of my driveway and better illustrates just how much snow is piled up out there! It also shows the big shadow that our house makes on our driveway. Even though the sun is out, it hardly touches my driveway and it never melts!

My son is at a neighbor's house playing. I drove him there, but I think that I'm walking to pick him up so that I don't take a chance getting stuck and so we can play out in the snow a little bit. It's pretty cold, but there's no wind now, so it's not too bad.

I had some yucky bananas, so I whipped up a quick batch of banana bread. The recipe I have makes two loaves. We like the bread around here -- my daughter loves it -- so we go through two loaves pretty quickly. The house smells so good! If you want the recipe, let me know and I'll post it. It's really easy. Do you have a favorite bread recipe? If so, please share!

3 comments:

Heather said...

I would love the recipe! Please post or just email me. Isn't the snow amazing -- we got about 5 inches yesterday and then last night we had freezing rain which made everying a giant ice rink and left at least a 2inch crust of ice on the snow. Today we got about 5 more inches. You need one good snow per winter in my book -- we are done now! :)
HeatherC
creatingdaybyday.blogspot.com

Amy Bell said...

yum...the bread looks so good!!! i love all the snow!

Unknown said...

I have a GREAT banana bread recipe! I found it in a BH&G holiday cooking magazine this past holiday season & have made it twice already. It was a great hit at home & work. If you want I can email it to you.