Friday, January 16, 2009

Sad news in the scrapbooking world

I know the economy is bad and lots of people have lost their jobs, so in the scheme of things, this isn't that bad. However, it's all related to the economy. A few months ago, my favorite local scrapbook store (and the last one in my area) went out of business. I felt at home there. I knew the people. It was one of my happy places. Now, my favorite scrapbooking Magazine, Simple Scrapbooks, is going to cease publication. Again, I felt at home with its philosophy and I felt like I knew the people. I guess all good things must come to an end. I have every issue ever published and I'll hang on to them. I hope that Creating Keepsakes really does incorporate the Simple philosophy into its content. Simple is really what got me into scrapbooking. I had done a few things prior to that after buying some stuff at a local scrapbook store that is long gone now. But Simple gave me the basics and then their philosophy inspired me to really stick with this hobby. So, I say good-bye, Simple. Glad I was along for the ride.

No comments: