Thursday, February 26, 2009

Bad news

We knew it was coming, but the Obama administration's budget wants to eliminate the loan program that I work in. I work for a great non-profit that supports student's in FFELP program. The budget bill has a lot to go through before it gets into place, so I hope that the final budget ends up much different than what is proposed now.

What I don't get is that the current administration is trying to pump money into banks and car companies to keep them afloat but they are willing to eliminate an entire industry (the student loan industry) and all the jobs that are a part of it. Doesn't make sense to me.

1 comment:

Heather said...

SO much does not seem to make sense. How ironic that in trying to pump the economy they would eliminate jobs and job opportunities to do this. I will keep you in my prayers that all works out ok -- hang in there.
Heather