Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Be present


I get very caught up in the busyness of life and sometimes days are just a blur. Most of my days are hectic days, racing from one place to the next. And so I took Stacy Julian's challenge to make myself a present.

She says it best on her blog entry, "We and our surroundings are constantly changing (even when you don't see it or believe it) and this little challenge/project is designed to STOP you, in the throws of your busyness and show you in an instant ALL that have and can choose to be grateful for -- ALL that is here NOW and very likely fleeting..."

So I froze October 2, 2008. I took pictures here and there during the day and then uploaded them to be printed. I did this project quite simply in a mini-album from Close to My Heart with some patterned paper from Scenic Route, a black pen, and some stickers from Sweetwater. Nothing fancy. I wrote right on the page protectors with a Slickwriter and just cropped the pictures to fit into the little page protectors. I did this in about 40 minutes. I'd encourage you to do it too. Life goes by really fast. This will be a project to treasure forever.

And since the economy is not that great, I did it all with stuff I had on hand. The paper was from scraps and I've had the mini book for a year and a half. You can do a lot with your stash!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer. I love your mini book. This exercise has truly been a gift for me too. Love that you just pulled stuff out of your stash to create it. We really do have plenty of "stuff" don't we :).

Amy Bell said...

love that great book! wow....i need to do that...so bad. what a WONDERFUL idea...

i need to get your scrabble letters to you! i just noticed my note tonight! i am so sorry!

hope you are doing well....

Unknown said...

Jennifer --

I love it. thanks for taking the challenge! LOVE my Malibu T-shirt too (I'm just NOT real good at saying so)

Thanks for all your support.

Suzanne said...

This was a good thing to do and I am loving seeing it on lots of blogs I am visiting, how exciting to think we stopped a day.
Your album looks so good.

Angie Lucas said...

Love those sweetwater stickers! Adorable album. :-)