Monday, October 27, 2008

Yes, I am a dork


I am my son's co-room mom and I needed to make a ballot box so that they can vote on the name of their new mascot. It gives the kids a chance to have an election too. Being a paper-crafter, I couldn't just leave a shoe box blank. Now, this isn't perfect. I didn't use the paper trimmer too much and I used a lot of scotch tape, but I think I did a decent job with a quick and dirty decorating job for the old Stride Rite box. Old scrapping supplies really do come in handy. But, after thinking about it, I think I might have dorked-out on it a bit.

Really, though, I am excited about the election and about my son learning about elections. After all, I do have a political science degree and I had planned at one time to work in politics and government. I just never did. That doesn't mean I don't get into it a little bit. Anyway, I hope you exercise your right to vote. And I'm glad I found a use for old dot letters!

No comments: