Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Recently we've been busy

Since my last post, we've been very busy finishing the soccer season, starting gymnastics, going to parent-teacher conferences and doing our daily routine. We also had our first Cub Scout outing. We even managed to carve a jack-o-lantern. We need to get busy because I think we still have four more pumpkins to carve.

I went on my son's classroom field trip last Friday. The weather was perfect and the kids had a lot of fun. I was exhausted afterwards.

While my daughter napped on Saturday, my son and I made a Holloween castle from a pre-made cookie kit I bought at Wal-mart for around $10. We usually make one at Christmas, and this was fun to do. Boy, is black icing really gross, though. I got it everywhere and it's hard to wash off.

And not to leave my daughter out, I wanted to post a funny picture of her. We have a Melissa and Doug wooden shoe for learning to tie shoes. She decided to wear it. This is her cheesy smile. She's a character.

I've even managed to do a few layouts. This one is titled, "Big George," which is what my daughter calls our backyard. I was experimenting with various size pieces of patterned paper. I'm taking May Flaum's recipes class at Big Picture Scrapbooking right now.

I also did one with paper scraps about the kids loving to each chocolate kisses. My daughter calls it "cho-loc-late." It was also for my class.

No comments: